Conference Photography Can Capture the Right Moments
Now that you’ve got a date and venue, it’s time to book an event photography company.
When it comes to finding the right fit – and capturing the right moments – for your conference, you need a photographer that understands the nuances of your event story. A conference photographer does more than capture images from your event in Las Vegas. They will deliver a package of photos that will help tell your story after the event is over, as well as use in future conference promotions.
When it comes to hiring an event photographer, look for someone who understands conferences – this isn’t the same person you’d hire for a wedding or bachelorette party. The best event images often have a photojournalistic style that creates an authentic connection and is less focus on posed photos.
Event Photography: How to Get the Right Shots
To ensure that you and the photographer are on the same page, have a conversation about what you hope to see from your convention in Las Vegas ahead of time.
Create a short list with the corporate event photographer, noting key parts of the event:
- Speakers, including keynotes and names of people that should be photographed
- Audience engagement; show a crowd that’s engaged in the event
- Awards or ceremonies that honor groups or individuals
- Break-out sessions and talks
- Meals and social aspects of the conference
- Networking among industry peers, including posed images showing iconic Las Vegas elements
- Post-conference events, such as entertainment or tours
Conference Photography Uses
You’ll want to discuss with the conference photographer about how you plan to use the images. This will help you get photos that match your business and future marketing needs. You may need some or all of the following:
- Marketing on websites and social media (lower resolution images)
- Large-scale/large print marketing (super high-resolution images)
- Mood of marketing (upbeat vs. formal)
- Special needs in terms of dimensions (vertical-portrait vs. horizontal-landscape) or coloring (light vs. dark)
- How photos will be used in future promotion (for the same event at the same location vs. for other similar events or locations)
Corporate event photography is anything but boring in Las Vegas. With so many different types of events happening here regularly, it’s a great place to show off everything your industry conference or corporate event has to offer.
Hire a photographer with a photo style that matches your needs and outline what you expect well before the first speaker walks on stage. Top-notch event photography services today make future event planning that much easier with images that tell your story in a way that will have people clamoring to attend.